Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Aaron Rome suspended 4 games, Horton out with concussion



Aaron Rome ended up getting a 4 game suspension (the rest of the Stanley Cup Finals) for his hit on Bruins Nathan Horton early in game 3, the longest suspension ever handed out in Stanley Cup Finals history. Mike Murphy, senior vice president of hockey operations in the NHL, answered a few questions about the suspension,as he helped determine the penalty for Rome's hit.

"I take it very seriously, very seriously," Murphy said. "Aaron Rome is an important part of the Vancouver team. Guys play all their lives to get to this series on both teams, and you might never get back. That's all I can say. I do not make light of this. I wish I wasn't sitting here. I wish Aaron was playing, and I wish Nathan was playing.


Nathan Horton suffered a severe concussion on the hit, and will be out for the rest of the series, and begins his long road to recovery. Horton was tied in second for postseason points on the team, with 17.

0 comments:

Post a Comment